Employment Opportunites at ThinkTV Network
ThinkTV, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of organizations in referring qualified candidates to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact our Human Resources office at (937) 220-1654. EEO Public File Report
CET, the public television station in Cincinnati and part of Public Media Connect, which is the regional public television organization formed by CET and ThinkTV in Dayton, has an opening for an Events Assistant. This position is located at CET’s Cincinnati studios and reports to the Events Manager.
1. Assist the Events Manager with the organization and coordination of CET activities and everts as assigned, primarily including (but not limited to) the annual Action Auction and LIVE! On CET.
2. Assume responsibility for contacting a select list of major donors and sponsors to secure their participation in the Auction and LIVE! On CET.
3. Handle appropriate maintenance and the processing/updating of database records and forms.
4. Collaborate with Auction staff, CET staff, and volunteers on Auction procedures, including donor and item entry, reports, and distribution of processed donor forms and information.
5. Maintain a directory of volunteers, in conjunction with other departments, who assist with CET activities and events.
6. Work cooperatively with volunteers to assure that their experience with CET is pleasant and positive.
7. Cover the CET Receptionist position during lunch at least once per week
8. Engage in events related tasks that may arise from time to time that may be assigned by the Manager of Events or required by other staff members or volunteers.
9. Be in attendance at all events and assist with set-up and tear-down of event venues
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cohesively with individuals from all backgrounds
- Possess a wide variety of office skills, and have strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Be naturally detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Can be available and willing to work a flexible schedule during event projects, which will require some evening and weekend hours
- Have the ability to lift objects weighing up to 25lbs
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent. Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Prior work experience in a customer service role is strongly desired.
- Ability to maintain a professional but friendly demeanor in person or on the telephone is essential
- Educational events courses and/or practical events experience would be a valuable plus
If interested and qualified for this position, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer