Employment Opportunites at ThinkTV Network
Public Media Connect (PMC), the regional organization formed by CET, Cincinnati and ThinkTV, Dayton, has an opening for a Chief Financial Officer and Senior Market Manager. The position reports directly to the President and CEO.
This is a unique career opportunity that requires hands-on responsibility for all of Public Media Connect’s financial management and oversight. In addition, the position includes significant responsibilities as the organization’s Senior Manager and community liaison in the Cincinnati market. The successful candidate will have the ability to balance key financial and accounting duties with the role of market manager, which includes primary contact for staff and facility-related matters and significant community contact as a representative of the organization and CEO.
Finance & Accounting
- Financial planning and analysis for on-going, annual and long-term organizational financial health.
- Serve as consultant to the CEO and all Senior Managers regarding financial matters
- Prepare, submit, and oversee fiscal year operating budgets in collaboration with the CEO and management staff
- Develop and publish monthly and quarterly financial reports, including those for Board of Trustees review.
- Prepare for and oversee the annual audit with outside CPA firm
- Handle financial reporting related to PBS, CPB and other external entities
- Supervise day-to –day accounting functions and accounting staff
Senior Market Manager
- Supervision of the Manager, Human Resources and senior oversight of human resources’ services and compliance.
- Supervision of the Chief Technology Officer and senior oversight of technology/engineering services and facilities.
- Support the Development Department’s requests for financial information needed for grant applications & reports and submissions to governmental funding agencies
- Interact with PMC’s legal counsel on matters related to investments, bequests, and other legal matters of a financial nature.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer & Senior Market Manager/Dayton to ensure coordinated organization-wide policies, staffing and efficient operations at PMC’s facilities.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to achieve development goals, strong relationships with community stakeholders and donors, and assure appropriate accountability.
- Be regularly visible and active in the Greater Cincinnati area in efforts to build good will and support for PMC’s mission and community service.
- Assist CEO on projects and initiatives as directed.
*BA or BS in finance or accounting. MBA desirable
*10 or more years of experience in finance/accounting
*5 years of management experience
*Working knowledge or experience of non-profit organizations highly desirable
*Strong communication and social skills with both internal and external audiences
*Ability to manage and work effectively in a collaborative manner
*Demonstrated experience working in a multi-dimensional managerial position
*Knowledge of and relationships within the Cincinnati community a plus.
If you are a person who fits our qualifications and is looking for a career position that will offer a diverse array of responsibilities and the chance to make a meaningful contribution to the community, we want to hear from you. Please submit your letter of interest and a resume to:
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ThinkTV is currently looking for individual volunteers to help with copying, cutting and stuffing envelopes for Membership mailings. If interested, please contact the Member Services Department at (937) 220-1660 for details.